Teacher tunes

We have all wondered about what teachers do in their free time. When we were little, we used to think teachers lived in their classroom. Even though we now know that isn’t true, we still don’t know much about our teachers. Do they go fishing or bowling, play video games, or even sing? As strange as it may seem, many teachers enjoy participating in a lot of the same things as students do.

Some teachers play their music in class, but usually it’s music their students want to hear, so students don’t know what teachers listen to outside of school. It could range from tribal chants to Bollywood to chart topping pop or hip-hop songs. They might enjoy a good power ballad or a head banging rock song just as much as we do. We’ve all wondered what songs make teachers jump in their room and sing in their car. Let’s see if you know your teachers as well as you think you do.

Tara Connick

Alice Dack, Marquettes director

Marquette coach Alice Dack loves to spend her time with family and eating all kinds of foods. She considers herself a foodie. Dack sees being chosen as the director of the Marquettes an honor and is proud of her time as a Rangerette. She also helps out with the musicals.

Playlist: 

“Thunderstruck” by AC/DC

“Stitches” by Shawn Mendes

“Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars

Tara Connick

Jesse Hood, history teacher

History teacher Jesse Hood is the proud father of three  girls. He is a former member of the United States Navy. In his time serving, he traveled to many countries and continents. Hood loves to camp and anything that gets him outside.

Playlist:

“Tom Sawyer” by Rush 

“Jump” by Van Halen 

“Master of Puppets” by Metallica

Tara Connick

Will Skelton, principal

Principal Will Skelton grew up in Terrell. Growing up, his parents were teachers. Skelton used to be a band director, so he has a passion and appreciation for music. He’s also a huge fan of the Dallas Cowboys. Skelton also loves spending time with his wife and kids.

Playlist:

“Carolina In my Mind” by James Taylor

“The Joker” by Steve Miller

“Ring of Fire” by Johnny Cash

Maya Hernandez

Katie Bragg, English teacher

Marcus alumna and English teacher Katie Bragg loves to read. Some of her favorite books are “Kindred” by Octavia Butler, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” by J. K. Rowling and “A Tale of Two Cities” by Charles Dickens. She also runs the freshman student council and never misses a spirit day. Bragg is the mother of two little boys. 

Playlist:

“Black Smoke Rising” by Greta Van Fleet

“Smells like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana

“Africa” by Weesers

“Hit Me Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears

Maya Hernandez

Erum Shahzad, MHS9 assistant principal

MHS9 assistant principal Erum Shahzad went to Texas Tech. In her free time, she enjoys shopping. One of her greatest passions is traveling the world. Her favorite place to visit is Dubai. A life goal of hers is to see all of  the Seven Wonders of the World. 

Playlist:

“Crazy in love” by Beyoncé

“Rock your body” by the Backstreet Boys

“Hips don’t lie” by Shakira