Marcus High School's Online Newspaper

The Marquee

Marcus High School's Online Newspaper

The Marquee

Marcus High School's Online Newspaper

The Marquee

Marcus Idol

Marcus Idol took place on Oct. 8 in the Larry Sigler Auditorium. This contest was originally created as a fundraiser for choir, and 34 percent of the results are determined by the amount of money donated to the participants’ boxes, and remaining 66 percent is determined by judges.

Winning for two consecutive years, sophomore Komal Karumuru sang a rendition of Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing”. Second place was awarded to senior Peyton Rodgers and third place was given to senior Amy Riding.

Choir’s two acappella groups ended the event with performances. The all male acappella group, Voice Male, made its debut performance with “Can You Feel The Love Tonight”, from Disney’s The Lion King. The award winning all female group, Fusion, followed with Shawn Mendes’ Stitches, Katy Perry’s “Wide Awake” and Maroon 5’s Payphone.
The event raised about $3000.

Leave a Comment
More to Discover
About the Contributor
Sanika Sule, Editor in Chief
My name is Sanika Sule and I am the Editor in Chief. I am a senior and this is my third year on staff. I enjoy watching movies and volunteering at the Flower Mound Assisted Living. I plan to  go to medical school after college.

Comments (0)

All The Marquee Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *