Planning the perfect prom

Prom is considered one of the most exciting days of the school year. However, it can be extremely stressful to plan this entire day, especially with limited time and money. Here we’ve simplified the planning process so that you can enjoy your night at the big dance.

Dresses:

Online:

Promgirl.com $$

Using promgirl.com and finding a dress is much easier than sifting through thousands of dresses in a shop. The website is categorized by style, length, size, color and texture. There is no doubt you’ll find the perfect dress that other shops may not have in stock.

FashionNOVA.com $

If you’re someone who likes a lot of sequins and rhinestones, then FashionNOVA offers glamorous dresses for cheap.

Windsor.com $

This website is extremely helpful if the prom dress you picked online didn’t turn out right and you need a cheap second option. The shipping is very fast and inexpensive. Windsor has locations in several malls where you have the option to try a dress on.

In store:

Shimmer Boutique, Lewisville $$$

If you don’t feel like driving far to find a prom dress, this boutique is perfect. Unlike other shops, Shimmer doesn’t have a large store or collection, making to find what you want.

Terry Costa, Dallas $$$

Terry Costa is a more upscale prom dress shops (Sherri Hill is its number one seller) and it is always stocked with new designs every month. The store itself is glamorous and has an elaborate stage as well as pedestals to model your dress when trying it on.

Whatchamacallit, Fort Worth/Dallas $$

Walking into this store will feel like a dream. It holds what seems like an endless selection of dresses. If you are picky about small details and want to find the perfect dress, you will find it here. All dresses are organized by designer and by color within that section.

Pictures:

Dallas Arboretum , Dallas $$

A must-see and Instagram worthy attraction, The Dallas Arboretum is a beautiful 66-acre garden located right next to White Rock Lake. The arboretum has a collection of different themed gardens and water features. For those who love flowers, plants and water this is the spot for you. This is also the place to get some nature photos or just pics for the gram.

Gaylord Hotel, Grapevine $

This resort is gorgeous with a lot to see. There are excellent places to take pictures, such as fountains, a mini train station and flower beds. They also have a few restaurants, including the Riverwalk Cantina, which has excellent tacos and desserts.

Flower Mound River Walk (Free)

The Riverwalk has beautiful scenery to take pictures outside in the sunlight, as well as at night, when the lights switch on, creating an entirely different atmosphere for your photos.

Dinner:

Trulucks (Seafood), Southlake $$

If you enjoy the full package, then this is the place for you. The second floor dining experience gives off an elegant vibe and is the perfect place to dine lightly before dancing the night away.

Pappadeaux (Seafood), Grapevine $$

This cozy place is the real deal and worth every penny. You get fine dining at a reasonable price. No matter what you decide to eat, it will fill you up, especially after snagging a couple slices of their buttered bread.

Cantina Laredo (Mexican), Lewisville $

This venue is on the smaller side, and offers exclusive seating for special events including prom night.

Benihana (Japanese), Irving/Plano $$

Although it’s a cheaper alternative to the restaurant Hibachi, the food is still delicious, and provides the same knife-flipping entertainment.

Perry’s Steakhouse (American), Grapevine $$$

Although you might have to drop a couple more dollars on this restaurant, this is perfect venue if you’d like to spend quality time with friends. The lights are dimmed and each table is set up for two, making this a good location for couples.