Local spots for your prom photo shoot

148 Views
Madi Olivier
Flower Mound offers several cute and convenient options for prom photo locations, such as the gazebo at Parker Square.

Prom is still a couple of months away, but for many students, planning is in full swing. While many have already picked out the perfect outfit, made dinner plans and decided who they’re going with, finding a good spot to take photos is often at the bottom of students’ to-do lists. It may seem like you have to drive far to find an Instagram-worthy backdrop, but there are plenty of local spots where you can have your own prom photo shoot.

Parker Square

Parker Square Rd, Flower Mound, TX 75028

Many of Parker Square’s cafes and shops, such as Edison Coffee Co., are popular among students. However, the spot is often overlooked when it comes to picking a location for photos. Parker Square has older buildings and independent businesses, giving it a charming, small-town feel. What makes Parker Square special is its white gazebo, which is the perfect place for you to pose with your date and friends. If you want to make your pictures stand out even more, you can add a pop of color by picking up props to pose with, such as cupcakes or flowers, from the local shops.

Stone Creek Park

1400 Fuqua Dr, Flower Mound, TX 75028

If you want to be surrounded by nature in your prom photos, then Stone Creek Park is perfect. It includes many hiking trails and open fields, but the most popular part is the creek itself. The area is crowded with trees, providing a rich green background that looks like it’s out of a forest rather than Flower Mound. There are also large, flat rocks along the creek that are easy to stand and sit on without getting wet, so you can get beautiful pictures without ruining your outfit. If you’re feeling bold, you can always take off your shoes and stand in the water for a unique photo that’s sure to catch the eye of everyone that follows you on Instagram.

The Flower Mound

2450 Flower Mound Rd, Flower Mound, TX 75028

The Flower Mound is the home to many wildflowers, such as bluebonnets and prairie grounsels. The various plants are especially common during the spring, making prom the perfect excuse to take advantage of this colorful photo shoot location. Additionally, taking photos at the namesake of the town is a great way to capture your memories of going to high school in Flower Mound. To make your photos even more sentimental, you can pose with items that represent your time as a Marauder, such as a varsity jacket. You’ll end up with cute pictures that will impress both you and your mom, who will definitely upload them to Facebook before the night is over.