New places around town

Eateries open around Flower Mound

Mazzola’s Italian Pizzeria

1913 Justin Rd, Flower Mound, Texas 75028

Mazzola’s Italian Pizzeria plans to open late February. Mazzola’s originated just outside of Boston as Mazzola Brother’s Bakery in the early 1900’s. They will open everyday with freshly grinded and roasted coffee and baked goods from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Their menu spans from salads to pastas to signature pizzas like their “Carne” with green bell peppers, pepperoni, sausage and bacon. Wood finishings and a glass paned window viewing into the kitchen give off a modern atmosphere. Mazzola’s is within walking distance from Marcus, allowing students an option for a quick bite after school.

Taco Celio

3090 FM 407 Suite 330A, Highland Village, TX 75077

Taco Cielo, originally known as Taco Hut, opened its first location in Lewisville during the spring of 2006. Taco Cielo has two total locations, one in Grand Prairie and another opening in late March or early April in Highland Village. They serve breakfast tacos, burritos and a breakfast platter from 6-11 a.m. For lunch and dinner, they offer combo options such as three any style taco with a 32 oz. drink for $6.50. Compared to other local taco shops, Taco Cielo gives an extra taco for less m

oney. Production has been going on for over a month and will open soon.

The Flour Shop Bakery

6100 Long Prairie Road, Suite 200 Flower Mound, TX 75028

The Flour Shop Bakery has been located at the Shops in Highland Village since 2011 but recently they have moved to Long Prairie Road in mid December. The bakery is open Tuesday through Sunday with freshly made cake balls, cupcakes and pies. Cinnamon Rolls and croissants are going to be on the new breakfast menu coming soon. Custom orders can be made for birthdays or any celebration by going to the store and making an order, or emailing the bakery on their website, http://theflour.shop/.

Rock’n Ice House

3195 FM 407, Flower Mound, TX 75028

The Rock’n Ice House, the first rolled ice cream shop in Flower Mound opened their doors on Dec. 19, 2017. Rolled ice cream surfaced onto social media in 2016. The ice cream videos started on Insider, an online media company. The media company filmed the videos in Thailand where it originated. This ice cream style consists of pouring milk onto a frozen pan, mixing well until spread flat and then rolling with a spatula. At Rock’n Ice House an order of ice cream comes with five rolls for $5.99 with an assortment of free toppings ranging from strawberry slices to marshmallows. Ice House also makes “snowflakes,” their version of a slushie, for $2.99. Mango and mocha are just two out of 12 unique flavors. Stop by between noon and 10 p.m. for a taste of the Ice House.