Parking with style

by Sarah Newton

Aidan Davis

Dark blue star, bright white inside and a dark blue outline. Any Texas football fan would instantly think of the Dallas Cowboys. Senior Aidan Davis is a big Dallas Cowboys fan. Deep sea blues, asphalt grays and pure whites all make one giant american flag. Dead center of the flag proudly lays the world known Dallas Cowboy Lone Star logo.

“I’ve just always been a fan since I was a little kid,” Davis said “Some of my favorite memories [are] watching the games with my dad.”

Dallas Cowboy games are a great stress and anxiety reliever for Davis. Proud to be a Dallas Cowboys fan and not afraid to prove it is what makes Davis’s spot all the more special to him.

by Sarah Newton

Ashlyn Jackson

“Mehoy minoy!” was Senior Ashlyn Jackson’s first thought when getting her senior spot. She originally wanted to paint Doodlebob from the Nickelodeon series Spongebob, but sadly she didn’t have enough paint to bring the creation to life. Jackson grew up out of state, so owning a spot is a big deal for her.

“They don’t do senior spots in Iowa where I’m from,” Jackson said.

Bright red words that spell out “Jackson,” the number 57 that stands for her boyfriends football number, all contrasts very well against the black, grey and white camouflaged background. Jackson is very proud of her work and having a spot is all the more memorable for her senior year.

by Sarah Newton

Maya Martin

Bright blue sky, puffy white clouds and four days of hard work brought Senior Maya Martin’s senior spot to life. Walking through the vacant parking lot on a hot summer’s day, Martin found her spot. During the summer she sat down on the hot Texas asphalt, sun beating down on her face and nothing but dedication to sketch out rap artist Drake, no matter how much the ground refused.

“Everything Drake says is cold,” Martin said.

The album cover of “Nothing Was The Same” sparked Martin’s inspiration. A vibrant blue background with light white clouds surround the peach colored face of the rapper, a shimmering gold chain around Drake’s neck and a big gold number 18 to represent her graduation year. All it took was dedication, friends and paint to make an impression in the parking lot.

by Sarah Newton

Riley Mattingly

Dark grey asphalt turned into a colorful portrait of the king of the jungle. Senior Riley Mattingly painted the portrait of the ferocious lion the night before school started. Mattingly’s lion is king of the parking lot. Long out spread golden yellow mane and an burnt yellow nose lays bright and proud on the Texas asphalt.

“My mom always says my hair looks like a lion’s mane.” Mattingly said.

With her wild hair as inspiration and her love for lions truly brought the king of the lot to life. Roaring and protecting its final home, the lion roams behind the school watching all the empty parking spaces until Mattingly arrives in the morning.

by Chase Martin

Macie Francis

Bright vibrant blues, purples, reds and yellows are all shattered to make one simple letter. Senior Macie Francis found her inspiration for her spot through Pinterest. Senior year has been very busy for her, so she has senior in to help with her workload. Coming to school later than most encouraged her to get a senior parking space.

“So I didn’t take nine years to find a spot.” Francis said.

Francis’s motto can be seen in warm white bold words on a brilliant black background under her colorful “M” that stands for her first name. With a positive attitude and a positive motto Francis is spreading joy throughout the parking lot.