Tips for COVID anxiety
April 12, 2021
1. Bring attention to your breathing, stretch or meditate to relax.
2. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals. Honor cravings in moderation.
3. Go on a walk or jog with a pet or a friend (masked).
4. Get plenty of sleep. Scientists suggest at least 8 hours of sleep for high schoolers.
5. Drink less coffee or caffeinated beverages if they make you feel jittery.
6. Get vaccinated as soon as vaccines are available to you.
7. Make time to unwind. Read a good book or take a hot bath.
8. Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your feelings. Even a phone call may make you feel better.
9. Stay connected to organizations that are important to you. While social distancing measures are in place, try connecting online, through social media, or by phone or mail.