Meet the new principal: Will Skelton

Before Skelton moved to FM9 he was an assistant principal at Downing Middle School and Lewisville High School.

Will Skelton was announced as the new principal following Principal Gary Shafferman’s retirement in June. Skelton first started out as a teacher in Terrell Independent School District and is now finishing out the school year as Flower Mound High School ninth-grade campus principal. He hopes to ensure a smooth transition on campus and plans to continue and embrace Marcus traditions.

Q: What are your feelings about being the new principal at Marcus?

A: “I couldn’t be more excited to get started and to get to know all of the students and teachers here.”

Q: Can you tell us about your background?

A: “I grew up in Terrell, Texas. My parents were teachers. My sister is a teacher. My aunts and uncles are teachers. My great-grandfather was a school superintendent. It’s just in my genes.”

Q: What are some of your special talents?

A: “Music would be one. It’s a lifelong passion. Outside of that, I love spending time with my family.”

Q: What’s your favorite song?

A: “Over the rainbow.”

Q: What’s your favorite sport/ sports team?

A: “Growing up in Texas, you’re a Cowboys fan.” “I’m a home team guy.” “When it comes to school sports, though, I like all of them because you feel the same thing when you’re watching them and that’s just pride about the kids that are out on the field. When it comes to school I just love being at all the games.”

Q: Anything you wants the MHS students/ faculty to know about you?

A: “Everything I do every day is about working to leading our kids towards a successful future. I want them to love coming to school.”