A nation divided

Citizens choose between final presidential candidates

The 2016 presidential election has proven to be different since the beginning of the race. This is partly because of the switch in loyalties amongst parties and the accessibility of social media. However, many are still hesitant about which candidate to choose, while others already know who they want to vote for.

50 year-old Omar Martinez says that he will be voting for Clinton. He has leaned towards democratic candidates in the past and because of the crude things Trump has said against his race, he refuses to vote for him or even read stories with his name in them.

“I don’t care about all of the foolish things [Trump] says,” Martinez said. “He’s running for the highest position in this country yet he doesn’t have the qualities of a leader.”

Others, like 17 year-old Melissa Jones have begun to realize how impactful this election will be, especially for the youth too young to vote. Jones says that even though she can’t vote, she would vote for Clinton because of her policies on education.

“This election is going to impact teenagers graduating in the next few years,” Jones said. “I just hope that those old enough to vote will consider what’s best for teenagers’ futures.”

However, some people, like 43 year-old Shannon Malone, are still unsure of which candidate to choose. She says that having to choose who to vote for in this election is harder than any past times she has voted.

“I feel like you have to pick between the lesser of two evils,” Malone said. “Each candidate has flaws and I’m still not certain who has more.”

Who will win the election?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View Comments (2)